Plaque forms on dentures just like it does on natural teeth. If it's not removed on a regular basis, it can affect the way your dentures fit and can cause a number of oral hygiene and health issues. Here are a few tips from your Liverpool Dentist to help you care for your new dentures.
Liverpool Dentist top tips for your new dentures
1. Placing a damp wash cloth or filling a basin with warm water can help you reduce the risk of breaking your dentures if you accidentally drop them.
2. Regular toothpaste and toothbrushes are not suitable for your new dentures. Hot water should not be used as your dentures may warp.
3. Rinse your dentures in luke warm or cold water to remove any food particles.
4. Using a damp denture brush, clean all the surfaces. Be careful not to brush too hard as this can damage your dentures.
5. Dentures should be soaked in a suitable cleanser for a minimum of a half hour. Remember to follow the guidelines on your chosen product to ensure safe and effective care of your dentures.
6. Thoroughly rinse your dentures.
7. Rinsing with a good mouthwash is still recommended.
If you have any difficulties with your new dentures, be sure to contact your Liverpool Dentist - we are always happy to help.